What's your favorite...

I am on the hunt, and you can help! If you are working on loosing weight also, and have a favorite treat, recipe, or food I'd love to hear about it. Post it in the comment section, and I'll give it a try! Thanks so much for visiting!!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tasty Turkey!

It's been a while, so sorry. I had a tasty and delicious dinner tonight, so I thought I would share. A couple of weeks ago I was in the store looking for a new delectable dinner option. As I browsed through the meat section (at Harmon's), I noticed some marinated turkey breasts by Jenni-o and thought, why not? So I bought them. Mike threw them on the grill and OH MY GOODNESS!!! They were SOO juicy and tender and mouthwatering..... you get the point. Anyway, they have become a favorite! They come in different flavors as well.


Normally I like the Garlic and Lemon, with lemon rice and sautéed zucchini, but Mike loves pepper, so we gave this one a try. I'm NOT a black pepper fan, but it was actually really good.


Our favorite way and really the only way we cook them is on the grill!




Tonight I also made some asparagus in my Large Micro Cooker from Pampered Chef. I'm not trying to sell you on this because I'm with the company, I'm just telling you about a tool I love. I have a huge steamer that Mike bought me for our first Christmas, which I love. But sometimes it can be a pain to get out when I have a small job, or something I want cooked quickly. Well the Micro Cooker has definitely increased the amount of steamed veggies we eat. You just cut up your veggies and put them in, rinse them in water and dump out all the water. Put the lid on and micro wave them until they are cooked to your liking. My asparagus cooked for two minutes and was perfect not under cooked, and not soggy. I threw a tea spoon of butter (ALWAYs butter, NEVER Margarine, I'll tell you about that sometime) on it, some salt, and you have... perfection!!!


It was a delightful meal, only 5 points!


Try the turkey, I know you're going to love it!!

Signature

No comments: